A BRIGHTER FUTURE
The UAG Scholarship was established in 2005 to honor the memory of former Chairman, A.J. “Bud” Weisbrod. Each year numerous scholarships are awarded to eligible owner employees or dependents that seek to further their education in college or professional development through United Aqua Institute. The scholarship is a celebration of our ongoing commitment to education and professional growth in the industry.
UAG awards numerous scholarships annually to eligible dependents of UAG employees, members, and their employees who are seeking a college education.
We understand that a scholarship award can make a profound difference in the continued success of the collegiate journey and is why the UAG Foundation is often referred to as the heart and soul of the organization.
Scholarship awards are no less than five hundred ($500) dollars, but are not limited to that amount.
Application deadline is 11:59pm November 30th, 2022.
To be eligible for this award the applicant must:
- Be a dependent of one of the following
- UAG Owner/Member Company in good standing
- Employee of member company in good standing
- UAG employee employed 1+ years
- High school senior, accepted or pending application as a full-time student to an accredited college, and has maintained 3.0 GPA throughout high school.
- Current full-time college student that has maintained a 3.0 GPA and is enrolled 10+ hours for full-time status.
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION INFORMATION
- Submit a research paper on the approved topic on the following page. Papers must be typed using a 12-point font, double-spaced, contain at least two citations on your reference page and be between 1,500 – 2,000 words.
- Submit a completed application
- A digital, hi-res color headshot. By applying for this scholarship, you hereby consent to the use of your name and photo in any marketing or promotional materials created by United Aqua Group and / or its affiliates and / or its assigns.
- A certified copy of transcripts for the preceding one (1) year. High School Seniors can also submit a copy of their SAT/ACT scores.
- Letters of recommendation must also accompany the application, as noted below. Letters are to support the student’s scholastic achievement and personal credibility.
New College Applicants: Three (3) letters are required and one must be from the member company sponsor.
Past College Applicants: One (1) letter required from member company sponsor.
*Prior applicants must choose a different topic to write on that was not already used.
You have award-winning pool designs; how do you go about selling and closing the sale toyour customer on choosing your Pool Company to build their pool?
What must pool companies do to recruit and maintain a strong workforce in the face of stiffer competition for entry and mid-level labor?
Discuss the history of how civilizations have supplied / continued to supply their cities with water?
Describe the benefits of hydrotherapy and how this type of treatment is currently changing the pool and spa industry. Historically, how has water been used as healing element of different cultures?
Discuss the history of Aquatics and how it has evolved into a modern-day competitive sport. How have the Olympic games influenced the sport and its contemporary development?
What are the trends in homeowners creating a “backyard environment” and how are these trends affecting the pool and spa industry in the United States?
Discuss the role legislation is playing in this process of pushing energy efficient products to the marketplace. Should the pool industry embrace or remain neutral to this legislation?
Research Paper Formatting Requirements
- Papers must be typed
- 12pt. font
- Must be between 1,500 – 2,000 words
- Must contain a minimum of two (2) cite references
- Reference page must be included
Tell Us About Yourself
- How have you contributed to your community?
- In what ways has this impacted the charity or organization you participated in?
- What impact has sports or other extracurricular activities had on your life?
- Why are you applying for this Scholarship?
- Tell us about a time you failed and what you learned from it
- What are your career goals?
- Why have you chosen that field? What interests you about that industry?
- Papers must be typed
- 12pt. font
- Must be between 500 – 800 words