The UAG Scholarship
The UAG Scholarship was established in 2005 to honor the memory of former Chairman, A.J. “Bud” Weisbrod. Each year numerous scholarships are awarded to eligible owner employees or dependents that seek to further their education in college or professional development through United Aqua Institute. The scholarship is a celebration of our ongoing commitment to education and professional growth in the industry.
June 1, 2023 – November 30, 2023
To be eligible for this award the applicant must:
- Be a dependent of one of the following
- UAG Owner/Member Company in good standing
- Employee of member company in good standing
- UAG employee employed 2+ years
Scholarship Applicant Criteria
- Pursuing an undergraduate or trade school degree as a full-time student at an accredited institution
- Maintained a 3.0 GPA
- Write a paragraph to tell us about yourself.
- Why are you applying for this scholarship?
- What are your career goals?
- In what ways have you made an impact on someone or your community?
- Submit a completed application.
- Submit a copy of your preceding year’s transcripts.
- Provide a high-resolution headshot.
- Two letters of recommendation, both should support the applicants scholastic achievement and character.
- One from the UAG Member’s company sponsor
- One from a teacher or counselor
- Write a research paper based on one of the topics below. Papers should follow the following format –
- Typed in 12pt font, double spaced
- Between 1500-2000 word count
- Must contain a reference page with a minimum of two cited references
Essay Topics (Pick One)
- Discuss the history of how civilizations have supplied / continued to supply their cities with water.
- Describe the benefits of hydrotherapy and how this type of treatment is currently changing the pool and spa industry. Historically, how has water been used as healing element of different cultures?
- Discuss the history of Aquatics and how it has evolved into a modern-day competitive sport. How have the Olympic games influenced the sport and its contemporary development?
- Discuss the role legislation is playing in this process of pushing energy efficient products to the marketplace. Should the pool industry embrace or remain neutral to this legislation?
- What are the trends in homeowners creating a “backyard environment” and how are these trends affecting the pool and spa industry in the United States?
- What must pool companies do to recruit and maintain a strong workforce in the face of stiffer competition for entry and mid-level labor?
- You have award-winning pool designs; how do you go about selling and closing the sale toyour customer on choosing your Pool Company to build their pool?